Study + Work in Australia- How It Works | EMSA Australia

Study + Work in Australia

14th August 2012

Towards the end of last year, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), announced some changes that are designed to encourage more students to come and study at university in Australia. The streamlined processing of student visas means that students who study a Bachelor or Masters degree for 2 or more years in Australia, will be eligible for a post study work visa. The new process is likely to be a lot simpler than the current Graduate Skilled visa application process and is not likely to require the nominating of an occupation or a skills assessment or for the studies to have been in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

The new visa will provide graduates a certain length of post study work visa depending on how long they have studied in Australia:

  • Bachelor or Masters = 2 year post work study visa
  • Masters by research = 3 year post work study visa
  • PHD = 4 year post work study visa

The requirements will most likely be:

  • Have studied a minimum of 2 years (courses registered for a minimum of 92 CRICOS weeks)
  • Have completed study while on a student visa
  • IELTS 6.0 in each band
  • Students who made their visa applications after the 5th of November 2011
  • Not available to people who have held (or hold) a 485 visa
It is anticipated this visa will be implemented in early 2013.

Stay tuned for more announcements & stay up to date with our upcoming seminars!

Got Something To Say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *