New English requirements for Graduate Work and Gradute Post Study (485 & 476 visa) – Less IELTS (6 overall nothing lower than 5!)

The Department of Immigration has announced new English requirements for students and graduates applying for 485 and 476 visas. From the 18th of April, people applying for this visa will only need to score equivalent to an overall 6.0 with no band less than 5.0.

This can be in general or academic
The breakdown of other English tests is listed below:
  • an  overall score of at least 6, with nothing below 5 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test
  • a score of at least ‘B’ in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) of an Occupational English Test (OET)
  • a total score of at least 64, with nothing below 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
  • an overall score of at least 50 with nothing below 36 in each of the four test components (listening, reading, writing and speaking) in a Pearson Test of English Academic
  • an overall score of at least 169 with nothing below 154 in each of the four test components (listening, reading, w​​​​riting and speaking) in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test taken on or after 1 January 2015.
EMSA is current offering a special for the Post study work visa of $990 (for agreements signed until June 30th).
Contact us today
07 55917178

Got Something To Say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *