31st of December deadline
There are some major changes happening on the 31st of December.
- Increase in Department of Immigration fees
- Phase out of 487, 885 and 886 visas
- Phase out of transitional arrangements.
The Department of Immigration & Citizenship announced on 8th February 2010 a number of changes to General Skilled Migration, in particular a severe reduction in the number of occupations on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
Applications must be lodged by 31st December if you are to apply using the SOL in effect on 8th February 2010 (many occupations will no longer be available after this time including cook, hairdresser, marketing specialist and hotel/motel manager).
- held a student visa (572, 573, 574) on the 8th of February 2010 (can apply for 485)
- held or had applied for a 485 visa on the 8th of February 2010 (can apply for 487/885)
then you are still eligible to apply using the old Skilled Occupation List until the 31st of December.
Contact EMSA today on 1300 362 377 or fill in our free assessment form!