As you may know, the 1st of July will see a new visa introduced for New Zealand citizens allowing them to apply for permanent residency in Australia.
The new visa will give New Zealanders who have been working in Australia who meet the following requirements a pathway to residency and then citizenship.
- hold a Special Category (subclass 444) visa
- have been usually resident in Australia for a continuous period of five years immediately prior to application, and have commenced that period of usual residence on or before 19 February 2016
- have a taxable income at or above an income threshold for each income year in the five years prior to lodging an application (unless claiming an exemption).
- meet mandatory health, character and national security checks
- lodge a visa application and pay the relevant visa application charges.
The taxable income threshold has just been released and is listed below
Completed income year Minimum amount of income
- 2011-2012 $49,330
- 2012-2013 $51,400
- 2013-2014 $53,900
- 2014-2015 $53,900
- 2015-2016 $53,900
Want to apply, contact EMSA today for a consultation.