Free Migration Seminar Brisbane (February 2020)
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
EMSA Brisbane - Level 7, 359 Queen St - Brisbane, QLD 4000
3 Feb 2020
Changes from November 2019: How It May Affect You
About this event
The Australian government has announced changes to its immigration program to strengthen the economy. Moving forward, the government works closely with state, territory and local governments, to attract skilled migrants.
Some of these changes are:
- 2 new provisional visas that provide a pathway to permanent residency
- A new skilled regional permanent resident visa
- A refined definition of ‘regional Australia’ for migration purposes
- Additional points under the Skilled Migration Points Test for skilled migrants nominated to live and work in regional Australia
- More options for international students who graduate from an Australian university
These changes will support regional businesses and local communities thrive by getting the right skills into regions where they are needed most.
Registered Senior Migration Agent – Shannon Semenikow (MARN 0701777), will talk about the best pathways on how to obtain permanent residency in Australia. This seminar would be valuable for skilled professionals and students looking into the possibility of living in this country.
Topics covered will include:
- Which Visa is right for me?
- Regional Visas and which is best?
- Permanent Residency: best practices on how to apply
What to expect on this event?
- Q&A about the possible effects of changes from November 2019
- How to best apply for these new Visas for you and your family
- Recommendations on the different Visa Categories
- State & regional sponsorship
- Opportunities for skilled professionals
- Lates developments on Student Visas
- Partner visa and how to get them
- Recent changes in skilled migration
- From student visa to permanent residency – what to expect