Are you studying a child care career and you are about to finish? Do you know what comes next? Do you know about the Graduate Work Visa? If your answer was not to any of this questions, maybe this article will help you defining your future here in Australia.
The Graduate Work (subclass 485) is a visa that allows international students who have studied a course relating to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) to stay in Australia for 18 months after graduation, to work and enjoy Australian life.
- Complete 2 years of eligible study (e.g. Diploma in Children’s Services with Charlton Brown)
- Gain a skills assessment in your occupation
- Qualification (e.g. Diploma in Children’s Services)
- Have more than 360 hours of related work experience / vocational placement
- Meet the minimum English requirements (equivalent to IELTS of 6.0 in each band – other tests also excepted)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Be 18 – 49 years of age