Business Skills Migration
Business migration aims to attract business owners and investors to Australia. If you genuinely want to invest in, establish or purchase an Australian business, Visas 188 or 132 might be for you. They can also be a stepping-stone to permanent residency.
Why do business in Australia?
Australia is an attractive place to do business. We have a strong and resilient economy, a skilled workforce, a culture of innovation, and strong ties to Asia.
Business Migration Australia: Two streams
There are two main types of business migration visas for Australia:
BUSINESS INNOVATION AND INVESTMENT (SUBCLASS 188 AND 888)
What does the 188 Visa allow me to do?
There are three streams. You can:
- Own and manage a business in Australia (Business Innovation stream)
- Conduct business and investment activity in Australia (Investor [AUD $1.5m in complying investments], Significant Investor [AUD $5m in complying investments] and Premium Investor [AU $15m in complying investments] streams)
- Undertake an entrepreneurial activity in Australia (Entrepreneur stream) [minimum funding of $AUD 200,000 from a third party for complying activities]
This four year visa lets you:
- Travel in and out of Australia for the duration of your visa
- Bring family members with you to Australia
- Apply for permanent residence
Am I eligible?
Each stream has different requirements. We can advise whether you meet the criteria. You also need to meet health and character requirements, be nominated by a government agency and be invited to apply.
BUSINESS TALENT (SUBCLASS 132)
What does the 132 Visa allow me to do?
You can establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia. This permanent residence visa lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare (healthcare)
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
- There are also travel allowances
Am I eligible?
For the Significant Business History stream: You need net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million and an annual business turnover of at least AUD3 million.
For the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: You need at least AUD$1 million in venture capital funding to start commercialising and developing a high-value business idea in Australia.
For both streams, you must also be nominated by a government agency and invited to apply.
How to apply
First, we will assess your eligibility. If you meet the criteria, we help you lodge an Expression of Interest with all the correct documentation. If you’re successful, you’ll receive a government invitation to apply and will have 60 days to lodge a visa application.
Get started: Migration Assessment Form
For free advice on your eligibility for business migration in Australia, please fill in our:
You’ll receive a free, written report about your visa options within 24 hours.