Top 10 occupations in demand in Australia for skilled migration


At EMSA, we push boundaries to ensure that our clients have the most up to date information and best chance of achieving their residency dreams in Australia.

As you know, each year, Australia’s skilled occupation list is updated and this happens on the 1st of July. This year, 3 new occupations were added to the Skilled Occupation List, these were, Floor and Wall Tiler, Bricklayer and Chef.

What you may not know is that each occupation has an upper limit (ceiling) on the number of places that can be granted. This means that some occupations have a lot more space than others.

To ensure you have the best chance of getting your visa, the team at EMSA stay up to date which occupations have the most space and which avenues are best for our clients to follow.

For 2014/15, here is a list of the occupations with the most places in the skilled migration program.

  • Nurses – 15,042
  • Electricians – 7,854
  • Carpenters and Joiners – 7,164
  • Secondary School Teachers – 7002
  • Metal fitters and Machinists – 6,816
  • Motor Mechanics – 6,444
  • Accountants – 5,478
  • Construction Project Managers – 5,178
  • Software and Application Programmers – 5,004
  • Structural Steel and Welding Trade Workers – 4482

If you have an occupation on this list or on the skilled occupation list  the worldwide team at EMSA can assist you in either applying for residency or finding a potential study pathway to residency.

For more information, contact us at [email protected] or phone 1300 362 377

Our Rating

Like Us

Get updates
in your inbox

About the latest migration news, events and education offers in Australia

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.