State Sponsorship Program - Explained | EMSA Australia

State Sponsorship program explained by a migration agent


Haven’t got enough points to apply for permanent residence through the Skilled Independent subclass 189 visa?

Interested in living and working in a particular state to be sponsored through the Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa program?

You may need to consider additional requirements for each state as it relates to employment.

In addition to meeting the specific visa requirements with the Department of Immigration, when applying for 190 State Sponsorship each state has particular criteria in order to meet their sponsorship requirements.

Most participating States and Territories require you to provide evidence of work experience and/or have a job offer in Australia to be eligible to apply.

The Queensland State government requires applicants to demonstrate at least two years of full time work experience (in Australia or overseas) in your nominated skilled occupation. Depending on the occupation additional work experience criteria may apply. If you are residing in another state and applying for sponsorship with Queensland you are also required to demonstrate that you have accepted a legitimate offer of employment in Queensland. The offer of employment must be in your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation, be at least for one year and a minimum of 35 hours per week.

The government of South Australia requires applicants to demonstrate at least one year of skilled work experience in the last three years. Again certain occupations have a higher work experience requirement. In some cases you may be required to provide evidence of work experience within South Australia.

In Victoria work experience requirements apply to particular occupations and range from two to five years of experience. Applicants are also required to provide evidence of a current job offer in the relevant occupation if you are currently living in another State or Territory.

If you are considering sponsorship with Western Australia you will be required to demonstrate at least one year of work experience within Australia or three years of work experience overseas within the last ten years in your nominated or closely related occupation. Again in some circumstances you may be required to obtain a job offer.

So if you are considering applying for permanent residence through the subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa program it is a good idea to explore the relevant work experience criteria for the particular state or territory you are interested in. Also explore job vacancies in your relevant occupation as you may require a legitimate job offer to apply.

If you would like more information on the work experience criteria for state sponsorship please contact EMSA for assistance.

Got Something To Say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *