Yesterday, 2nd of August, the Victorian Goverment announced another lockdown for six weeks and curfew hours (meaning no one can go out) from 8:00pm to 500am each night.
As information continues to become available regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia, we wanted to provide you with a source of links to keep you updated and give you special support during these times.
- Metropolitan Melbourne is now under stage four restrictions.
- Melburnians will only be allowed to shop for food and necessary supplies within 5 kilometres of their home.
- Exercise will be limited to one hour once per day, within 5km of home.
- A curfew will apply from 8:00pm to 5:00am each night.
- From Thursday, regional Victoria will return to stage three “stay at home” restrictions, while Mitchell Shire will remain on stage three restrictions
As international student, we understand that it might be very distressing going again into lockdown. Below are some links that may provide support or information:
Also the WORLD WELLNESS GROUP have some important information on how you can access their mental health programs.
Official social media channels
For the latest advice to share via social media, follow and share content from the department’s channels:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VicGovDHHS
- Twitter https://twitter.com/VicGovDHHS @VicGovDHHS
- Instagram https://instagram.com/vicdhhs @vicdhhs
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/163421/
For the latest guidance for health professionals follow the Victorian Chief Health Officer on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/victoriancho
As soon as we have more information available, we will share it in our social media channels and in our blog. In the meantime, we hope that you, as international student or migrant in Melbourne, are staying safe, healthy and as mentally strong as possible during these uncertain times.